Troy's 203k Renovation Loan Experts
Turn a "fixer-upper" into your dream home with Detroit Build! We specialize in whole home renovations for new home buyers in the Troy area using FHA 203k loans. Whether it's painting, new appliances, storm windows and doors, or basement remodeling, Section 203k loans enables homebuyers and homeowners to finance up to an additional $35,000.00 of repairs for updates and improvements into a single mortgage.
Fluent in 203k construction loans, we take great pride in helping homeowners, mortgage brokers, and real estate agents through the rigorous renovation process. Detroit Build provides 203k rehabs, whole house renovations, kitchen remodeling, bathroom remodeling, and every room in between. Is a 203k loan right for you? Learn about how you can finance a complete home transformation with our help!
Together we can rebuild and revitalize Detroit!
Detroit Build is excited to be a part of the rebirth and revitalization of Detroit and the surrounding areas, and there is nothing we like more than restoring some of the amazing homes around the city back to their former glory. We specialize in using creative designs that will take the home into the 21st century or restore the classic features from when the home was built. No matter your preference, we're here to facilitate every aspect of your complete home rehab!
FHA 203k Loans for Your Troy Home Renovation
If you're having difficulty finding the perfect house for you and your family, you've come to the right place. The Section 203(k) Loan, backed by the federal government, enables homebuyers and homeowners to finance both the purchase of a house and the cost of its rehabilitation through a single mortgage -- up to an additional $35,000 of repairs. It can even be used to make accessibility upgrades for persons with disabilities.
The Three Biggest Advantages to a 203K Home Loan
1. Get a Great Return on Investment. It's not uncommon for home improvements made with a 203K loan to provide double the return on investment. For every $1.00 invested in the property, you can expect $2.00 in value added to the appraisal of your home when improvements are finished.
2. It's Easier to Seal the Deal. Sellers who need to make improvements under some mortgages such as HUD 203 B may be required to make improvements before closing, but don't have out of pocket expenses for those required fixes. When a buyer stipulates a 203K home loan in a purchase agreement, the change for acceptance by the seller is increased since there are no offsets that need to be paid by the seller.
3. You Can Make Improvements Sooner at a Lower Interest Rate. Instead of having to wait for years to make an improvement after owning a home and paying as much as 23.9% Annual Percentage Rate (or an even higher rate) a buyer can now enjoy the improvement as soon as they move in at an extremely low rate (about 4%) that is spread over the life of the loan. Since it is part of the mortgage, it is tax deductible, and all of this with a minimal 3% down payment!
Before and After:
FHA List Infractions -- FHA Items for 203k
- Open wires
- Open plumbing
- Drywall holes
- Unfinished flooring
- Cracked windows
- Peeling paint
- Sink/faucets - hooked up?
- Cracked tiles
- Water in basement
- Rotted wood
- Water damage
- Missing doors/knobs
- Missing kitchen/vanity
- Unfinished siding
- Trip hazards
- Tuckpointing on chimney or porch
Other Items Often Chosen:
- Hot water tank
- City certification
- Furnace & A/C
- Downspout extensions
- Screen doors/ext doors
- Hardwood floor refinished
Hear what our customers have to say about their experience with Detroit Build!
"We've hired Detroit Build for projects over the past several years with great results. Last year we found a potential dream home in Rochester Hills that needed a complete overhaul. We were really overwhelmed after looking at it. I called Seabrook and asked if he could look at the house with us and give us his opinion. He was there that day! Seabrook was able to give us an estimate on the spot for the entire project. The real estate agent was with us, agreed with his assessment and ultimately the owners came down $160k off the price. We bought the house, DB had the work done well ahead of schedule and came in under budget, even after fixing quite a few things the inspector missed. The house looks amazing and we couldn't be happier. I've recommended DB to a lot of friends over the years and will continue to do so. Thanks guys."